What are the stages of skin ageing?
What are the stages of skin ageing? Aging is a physiological process determined by multiple external and internal factors.
Knowledge of what are the stages of skin ageing allows us to understand the changes that occur to anticipate and fight against them, as well as to design preventive strategies that allow us to age healthily.
Aging is a multifactorial process. We will comment below on the most important changes that our skin undergoes over time:
- There is a generalized thinning of the epidermis of 10-50% between 30 and 80 years of age.
- Keratinocytes reach their replicative limit and decrease in size.
- Melanocytes, which are the cells that give pigment to the skin, decrease by 8-20% per decade after the age of 30, as evidenced by uneven skin color.
- With age and sun exposure, the production of collagen, one of the supporting components of the dermis, decreases, which would be reflected in the loss of firmness and wrinkles.
- Photoaging is the cause of 90% of skin aging, ultraviolet light degrades the extracellular matrix and reduces collagen production, as well as UVA increases the production of free radicals.
- Water contents and the natural emollients factor decreases.
The visible results during the aging phases of the skin are reflected in the appearance of wrinkles, spots, furrows, and lack of sagging.
Aging is something natural that cannot be avoided, but the condition of the skin can be improved over time.
OLAND was born for this reason. Our formulas have been designed in synergy with the skin’s natural defences, using nature’s purest ingredients to offer cutting-edge anti-aging solutions.
OLAND combines science and nature and thus acts effectively on each of the skin manifestations of aging:
- Replenishing the moisture content of the skin.
- Increasing firmness and diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improves the tone and texture of the skin.
- Maintain a youthful appearance.
In this way, OLAND offers anti-aging benefits at a global level, acting in the different phases of aging, thanks to its formulas and ingredients with more than 95% organic origin.
OLAND, the organic anti-aging alternative.